Monday, July 26, 2010

You’re Beautiful

You’re beautiful because you cry at weddings as well as funerals.
I’m ugly because I think of children as another species from a different world. 
 You’re beautiful because you look great in any colour including red.
I’m ugly because I think shopping is strictly for the acquisition of material goods. 
You’re beautiful because when you were born, undiscovered planets lined up to peep over the rim of your cradle and lay gifts of gravity and light at your miniature feet.
I’m ugly for saying ‘love at first sight’ is another form of mistaken identity and that the most human of all responses is to gloat. 

Ugly like he is,
Beautiful like hers,
 Beautiful like Venus,
Ugly like his,
Beautiful like she is,
Ugly like Mars. 













A beautiful poem by English poet, Simon Armitage. This is only a snippet from about half way through (but I think by far the most adorable lines) - hear and read the rest here http://www.poetryarchive.org/poetryarchive/singlePoem.do?poemId=90

No comments:

Post a Comment