Sunday, July 4, 2010

Honey, I rearranged the collection...

Each of these drawings are of the same apartment, in different mediums...

They read as follows...
1 - Honey, I rearranged the collection according to two categories: Nice and Not Nice. 2000 (Pencil on printed paper)
2 - Honey, I rearranged the collection as an excuse to stay away from CHELSEA. It scares me. 2001 (Pressure-sensitive labels and pencil on printed paper)
3 -  Honey, I rearranged the collection to see if we got our moneys worth. 2001 (Transfer type, coloured pencil, and pencil on printed paper)
4 - Honey, I rearranged the collection because I think its fun. Remember the Fun Gallery in the East Village? Fun counts! 2001 (Pressure-sensitive labels and pencil on printed paper)
5 - Honey, I rearranged the collection because sometimes artists bug me. One came to the door today completely unannounced. 2000 (Pastel, crayon, and pencil on printed paper) 
6 - Honey, I rearranged the collection using only artists with three letters in their last name. 2000 (Pastel and pencil on printed paper)
7 - Honey, I rearranged the collection because I miss NY, Paris, Rome, Berlin, London, Milan and the Cape. 2000 (Pastel and pencil on printed paper)
8 - Honey, I rearranged the collection with artists who knew each other, but were different ages; artists who knew each other but worked differently; and artists who were influenced by artists who were soon forgotten. 2001 (Pressure-sensitive labels, transfer type, and pencil on printed paper)
9 - Honey, I rearranged the collection using artists whom we know virtually nothing about. 2001 (Pencil on printed paper)
This was a piece I quite liked at MoMA in New York
Allen Ruppersberg, American, b. 1944

I like the seemingly irrelevant nature of commenting on the rearrangement of the collection to his partner. I also like how he uses a lot of text and bold slogans in his works

See more at http://www.moma.org/collection/artist.php?artist_id=5084

No comments:

Post a Comment