Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Nico & Sparrow.




 In the Summer of 2009, my friend Jasmin and I decided to make a clothing line, inspired by her jewelery work with feathers. We called it Nico & Sparrow and here was the first samples of the range. It was a lot of fun to make, we would get together and sketch ideas, we imported 10 metres of black chiffon (the only fabric I think I will ever use with confidence), bunch loads of rooster / duck / pheasant and quinea fowl feathers, metres of satin bias binding and made up tags and care tags, and got sewing in the dreamy Summer of Wellington (in which time I moved flats where I had a bigger working space). We made around ten samples (the only one I have left is the feather shoulder dress) then Jaz got to work getting them on models and photographed, and getting her own label, Jasmin Sparrow, up and running. I then went back to uni to finish off my degree and passed on the project to her and is doing incredibly well now and can see her here http://www.jasminsparrow.co.nz.

No comments:

Post a Comment